For over twenty-five years Karen has been assisting businesses and individuals turn ideas into patents. She realizes that each client has unique intellectual property needs and uses creative solutions to help her clients achieve their goals. Karen takes the time to explain the patenting process so that each client understands the available options. Karen is committed to providing quality patenting services at reasonable prices.
Karen's computer engineering degree was directed to a combination of software, digital electronics, and analog electronics. Karen has written and/or prosecuted patents in almost every technological category.
Representative patents available upon request. Please send a basic technological category (e.g. software, business method, mechanical, electrical) and some additional information such as the general field of your invention (e.g. medical, computer, audio, printing, games, tools, sporting goods). Requests may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note Karen’s AV Preeminent rating at Martindale.com and Superb rating at AVVO!
- 1992: BS, Computer Engineering, California State University Long Beach.
- 1990: JD, Loyola Law School, Los Angeles.
- 1987: BA, English, University of California Santa Barbara, with honors.
- 2020-present: Green, Howard, & Mughal, LLP
- 2002-2020: Law Office of Karen Dana Oster, LLC
- 1999-2001: Miller Nash.
- 1994-1999: Chernoff, Vilhauer, McClung & Stenzel.
- 1993-1994: Poms, Smith, Lande & Rose.
- 1995: Oregon.
- 1994: U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- 1991-2019: California. (Voluntarily Resigned.)
- 2009: "Patents and E-Commerce" Chapter of the Oregon State Bar Computer and Internet Law Section e-Commerce Deskbook.
- 2009: Cited in the Oregon State Bar Bulletin.
- 1995-2001: Federal Circuit Patent Case Digests published by West Group.
Oregon State Bar Intellectual Property Section (executive committee 1994-2002, chair 2001), Oregon Patent Law Association (OPLA) (1994-present, president 2014), Oregon State Bar Computer and Internet Section (executive committee 2005-present, secretary 2010), NW Patent Network, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) (Intellectual Property Committee (IPC) 2009-present, senior member), and several other intellectual property organizations, bar associations, and barrister groups.